Friday 22 May 2015

Brief 11: Megan Fraser Branding Design Boards and Evaluation




This was another short brief, which was completed as my final project. Megan Fraser is soon to become a Surface Pattern and Print Design Graduate from Leeds College of Art. She required a new logo and self-promotional pack to present to guests at the end of year final show, and also to send to potential employers or studios of interest.

This brief didn’t require too much time as Megan already had her artwork and a rough idea of what she wanted. In our first meeting, I suggested that Megan should send me three of her favourite designs for me to get a clearer sense of her style and tone of voice as an Artist. As we had been friends, and lived together previously, I was able to combine both Megan’s personality with her professional aesthetic. The development was left to me to experiment with. Megan provided me with four examples of her work. From these, I selected two designs, which complemented each other.

Creating the logo was probably the most important part of this project. I had seen Megan’s previous logo and asked her what it was she disliked, and also what she had liked about it. Being able to communicate with Megan at all times made the design process stress-free and easily adjustable.

This was a particularly rewarding brief due to Megan’s reaction to the final idea I presented her with. She was really pleased with the two designs, with a particular love for the portrait layout. As I hadn’t been sure if I would have time to complete this brief, it was a great achievement to produce an outcome as fitting as this. Ideally, I would have liked to produce more deliverables for the final submission, but as Megan’s deadline wasn’t until 11th Jun, and due to a low amount of money by this point, I decided to submit a mock-up version of the business cards.

In general, I was really pleased with this brief. As it is still in process, I am looking forward to seeing the final designs (printed by moo.com). I enjoyed this project, as I had not approached many branding for individuals this year. Working with friends can sometimes help to speed up a process when it comes to branding or building their professional identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment